Pemberton Valley Trails Association
Minutes of Regular Meeting April 11, 2012
Location: Cottonwood Recreation Centre
Chris Allen, Peter Colapinto, Hu Naylor, Jan Naylor, Seb Wild, Ian Kruger, Stephan Desjardin, Hillary Downing, Allison Macdonald, Rudy Benes.
Call to Order: 7:00 pm Chris Allen Chaired
Trails BC AGM: to be held in Pemberton on April 28, 2012 with approximately 35 people attending.
It was suggested that the PVTA contact Innergex to seek potential funding for the Mt. Currie trail.
Spring Trail Day:
– scheduled for April 21, 2012
– Nigel Protter has volunteered to arrange the food for breakfast
– Pemberton Coffee Co. to donate coffee
– Chris to arrange BBQ, Stephan to look after membership sign up
– Trails to be worked on: Overnight, Lumpy’s, Lower K2 hiking trail, Dark Forest
2012 Trail Work:
– a new RFP system was outlined to issue Trail Maintenance contracts
– the trail requiring maintenance is to be walked with a Director and the contractor before proposals are submitted and then inspected after the work is completed
– Stephan Desjardins, Allison Macdonald, and Peter Colapinto to serve as Trail Directors
– the first trail to be issued and RFP is Nimby, hopefully before the Nimby 50 race, then reroute of Lower Mackenzie, and a new Blue trail off of Nimby
No report this meeting.
Adjournment: 8:30 pm